ADVISORY (13Jun2015) USPTO Announces Enhancements to Private PAIR
Beginning on June 13, 2015, users will notice several new Private PAIR features that will allow users to self-administer a number of routine administrative tasks that previously required the submission of a paper form. These requests will be processed immediately. The enhancements include the ability to submit entity status changes, create new customer numbers, submit correspondence and/or maintenance fee address changes, and view saved or submitted requests. The Address & Attorney/Agent tab has also been enhanced to include complete information for correspondence address, maintenance fee address and power of attorney information.
Entity Status Changes
- Upon searching an application that is associated to your customer number, an “Update” link will made available on the Application Data tab next to the Entity Status allowing you to submit a request to change the entity status of the application. A record of the entity status change will be added to the Image File Wrapper and an entry will be added to the Transaction History tab. Users may notice that all applications are set to Regular Undiscounted entity status by default upon initial filing until the application completes formalities review. Once this review is complete, the entity status will be updated based on any assertion of small or micro entity status. For more information, please refer to the Entity Status Quick Start Guide linked below.
Create New Customer Number
- Found under the “PAIR Administration” menu, users will now have the ability to create a new customer number. Users will be able to enter address information, choose the preferred method of outgoing correspondence (Mail, e-Mail). Additionally, registered practitioners will be able to associate additional attorneys or agents to the customer number. For more information, please refer to the Create New Customer Number Quick Start Guide linked below.
Update Application Address
- Found under the “PAIR Administration” menu, users will now have the ability to update the correspondence and/or maintenance fee address of up to 20 application/patent numbers. Requests must be submitted by the Attorney or Agent of record who has been given power of attorney in the application. At this time, Private PAIR address changes are only available to registered practitioners. Other users will still need to submit address change requests through existing methods. For more information, please refer to the Update Application Address Quick Start Guide linked below.
View Saved and Completed Requests
- Found under the “PAIR Administration” menu, users will also be able to view previously saved and completed entity status change, new customer number, and address change requests. Saved requests will be available for up to seven days and submitted requests will be available for up to the past 90 days.
Address & Attorney/Agent tab
- The Address & Attorney/Agent tab has been enhanced to include complete correspondence address, maintenance fee address and power of attorney information. Links have been added to the top of the page for each type. Each page will include the address, customer number and attorney/agent information that is associated to the given application. If information is not available, data will not be displayed on the page.