The 2013-2014 JETLaw Symposium, Patents 101: Eligibility from Computer Code to Genetic Codes, examines the interaction of Section 101 and patent eligibility of software and DNA, as well as the implication of current jurisprudence on patent eligible subject matter. With the recent Supreme Court decision in Myriad and the number of cases in recent years addressing the patent eligibility of software, Section 101 has once again moved to the forefront of patent litigation.
Chief Judge Randall Rader of the US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit will deliver the keynote address and will be joined at the Symposium by Judge Kent Jordan of the US Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, former USPTO Solicitor John Whealan, and leading scholars from across the country.
- Date: Friday, January 24, 2014
- Location: Vanderbilt Law School, 131 21st Ave. South, Nashville, TN 37203
- Schedule of Events: The symposium schedule is available here. (Download )
- Webcast: The symposium will be streamed here.
- Submit Questions: Submit questions here, by 11:59 PM CST on Tuesday, Jan. 21st.
Notice: link_pages is deprecated since version 2.1! Use wp_link_pages() instead. in /hermes/bosnaweb01a/b2262/ipw.patentba/public_html/wp/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3378