Paragraph IV Disputes
Expert Insights on Hatch-Waxman Litigation Strategies for Brand Names and Generics
April 24-25, 2012
Workshops: April 23 and 26, 2012
Marriott New York Downtown
New York City
Each spring, leading pharmaceutical patent litigators for brand name and generic drug companies gather in New York City at American Conference Institute’s (ACI’s) Paragraph IV Disputes conference to discuss, debate, and analyze the latest trends, judicial rulings and legislative developments affecting Hatch-Waxman litigation. Come and be part of this industry-leading think tank: meet with the leading legal minds in this area and access the information which will help you master the critical competencies needed for the new era of Hatch-Waxman litigation.
An experienced faculty comprised of respected and renowned counsel for brand name and generic pharmaceutical companies will help you develop your new plan of attack for 2012 and beyond. They will provide insights on all facets of Paragraph IV litigation: pre-litigation concerns – the commencement of suit – final adjudication – and every step in between. Sessions will address the key elements of Paragraph IV litigation in addition to some of the most pressing and recent controversies surrounding Paragraph IV cases, including:
- The impact of the AIA on Hatch –Waxman litigation
- Carve-outs, use codes and labeling
- Claim construction conundrums
- Prior art obviousness and obvious-type double patenting
- Inducement of infringement and divided infringement
- Inequitable conduct
This conference will also bring you the opportunity to hear from renowned federal jurists and a key official from the Federal Trade Commission. Learn firsthand how the bench analyzes the theories of your case and what the FTC deems as “fair and foul” in the settlement of pharmaceutical patent disputes.
Informative and hands-on workshops will complete your conference and networking experience:
- Hatch-Waxman and BPCIA 101 — A Primer on IP Basics and Regulatory Fundamentals will provide you with the patent and regulatory backdrop for the more in-depth Hatch-Waxman litigation controversies discussed in the main conference;
- A Working Group Session on Assessing The Impact of New PTO Procedures Under the AIA on Paragraph IV Litigation will address how new pre- and post issuance procedures may alter certain components of Paragraph IV litigation and parallel proceedings between the Federal Courts and PTO; and
- The Master Class on Settling Paragraph IV Disputes: Drafting and Negotiating Strategies for Brand-Name and Generics will give you practical and hands-on strategies for drafting and negotiating settlement agreements that will pass muster with the FTC.
Seats at ACI’s Paragraph IV Disputes 2011 sold out. Reserve your place now before it is too late.
Register now by calling 1-888-224-2480, faxing your registration form to 1-877-927-1563 or logging on to www.AmericanConference.com/Paragraph IV. Special group rates are also available. A $200 discount is available to Patent Baristas readers.
Notice: link_pages is deprecated since version 2.1! Use wp_link_pages() instead. in /hermes/bosnaweb01a/b2262/ipw.patentba/public_html/wp/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3378