American Conference Institute’s Comprehensive Guide to Patent Reform For Life Sciences Companies.
With the historic passing of The America Invents Act, H.R. 1249, the United States is now facing the most significant patent reform in more than 60 years. Patent reform is now a reality.
Based on extensive research with industry experts, ACI has developed The Comprehensive Guide to PATENT REFORM For Life Sciences Companies as an advanced strategic meeting bringing together the industry thought leaders, including Teresa Stanek Rea and Janet Gongola from the USPTO and Former Commissioner for Patents, Robert L. Stoll, to analyze the practical impact of the complicated new law on your patent strategies.
Topics to be discussed include:
- What does “first to file” actually mean under the AIA requirements? Which system can you or should file under – the current first to invent or the new first to file (or both)? And how do you avoid first-to-file bubble filings before 3/15/2013?
- When can on-sale and public use activity be considered prior art? Has secret §102(f) prior art been eliminated?
- Do you need to include best mode in the application or not and what happens if you don’t? Is best mode completely toothless now? How will examiners be able to address the best mode issue?
- What will be required in the PGR process? What type of discovery? Expert witnesses? How do the estoppel provisions alter your analysis of whether to engage in the PGR system?
- What estoppel provisions are associated with IPRs and how are these different from the inter partes reexamination provisions? When do you file a 3rd party parallel IPR?
- What does the prohibition to patenting human organisms actually mean for the life sciences industry?
- What qualifies as a micro-entity and how do micro entities take advantage of the new fee reduction provisions available to them? Do you need to file an IDS with prioritized examination applications?
135 West 52nd StreetNew York, NY 10019
Reservations: 212.887.9400 or 800-352-8683
But wait, that’s not all:
ACI is also offering informative and hands-on workshop:
Pre Conference Primer: Patent Reform 101: Overview of the Fundamental Provisions in the America Invents Act Monday, January 30, 2012 1:30 pm – 4:30 pm (registration begins at 12:45 pm)
Be sure to reserve your spot today. Register now by calling 888.224.2480; by faxing your registration form to 877.927.1563; or register online at http://www.americanconference.com/patentreform/workshop.
PatentBaristas.com is a Media Sponsor of this event. Readers of Patent Baristas are entitled to $200 off the current conference price tier. The discount code you will need for this is: PB 200.
Notice: link_pages is deprecated since version 2.1! Use wp_link_pages() instead. in /hermes/bosnaweb01a/b2262/ipw.patentba/public_html/wp/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3378