I’m on my way to the BIO IP Counsels Committee Conference. The 2010 Fall IPCC Conference, in Boston, MA, is scheduled for October 18-20, 2010. It is an opportunity for BIO members and other industry IP professionals to come together to hear, discuss and learn about current and projected topics related to biotech IP.
Hear from fellow in-house colleagues, outside counsel, and PTO representatives about:
- Evolving patent-eligibility standards for genes, biomarkers, diagnostics, and cell-based therapies;
- Valuation of IP when selling, licensing, or acquiring biotech patent rights;
- Present and impending changes to the way you practice before the PTO;
- How to defend your patent in an inter partes reexam;
- Whether inequitable conduct reform is close or elusive;
- Inducement, divided infringement, “abstract idea” exceptions, and other things that go “bump” in the dark if you own biotech method patents;
- Tales from the edge and beyond: accounts of biotech investment in emerging market countries.
- Join us for private dinner reception at the New England Aquarium where attendees will get to explore a four-story ocean water tank filled with exotic fish and animals in their natural habitat.
Click here to view a conference agenda for the 2010 IPCC Fall Conference scheduled for October 18-20, 2010.
I hope to see you there!